As Jacks, we're badass.
Welcome to Lumberjack Country! I'm Roxanne, a two-time alumnus of Northern Arizona University, and the main mod of life-as-a-lumberjack. If you're here to figure out what we're all about, then you're among good company! Whether you’re a prospect, student, alumnus, or parent, Bianca, Jess, Christine, and I welcome any inquiries, testimony, and lumberjack fighting spirit. And remember, even when your tassel has turned, you’re a lumberjack for life.
I track the #NAU and #Flagstaff tags.
Before asking a question
, please check the freshman master list below.
life-as-a-lumberjack is best viewed in Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox
special thanks to the following:
The Daily Sun
The Lumberjack & NAZ Today
Bianca, Resource Liaison
Christine, Upperclassmen Liaison
Jessica, Freshman Liaison
The Contributors (You!)
Stephan’s Quintet image captured by NAU student using the DCT.
Stephan’s Quintet is a tight visual grouping of five galaxies, four of which are at the same distance (about 300 million light-years). The fifth (at left) has a considerably smaller redshift and is not physically associated with the other four, but just seen in foreground at a distance of 40 million light-years.
This image was taken and processed by NAU Observational Astronomy students taught by Lowell astronomer Phil Massey. This image was produced by then junior astronomy major Brian Barandi in November 2013. (Credit: Barandi/NAU/Lowell Obs./NSF
#lowellobservatory #lowell #observatory #flagstaff #arizona #nau #space #astronomy #astrophotgraphy #science #dct #lmi #telescope #galaxy @visitnau
Northern Arizona University! Heads up! This is an amazing event, and we want some really awesome submissions! We’re looking for any coming out story, positive, negative, hard, easy, etc. we’d love to get some allies to participate! The deadline was originally advertised for Sunday the 27th, but it’s been extended to THIS WEDNESDAY the first! The link is in the flyer, but feel free to message me and I can actually copy and paste it to you so you can just click it!
I can also get you hard copy submission forms, which you can also get yourself from the front desk of the LEADS center!
Any questions, please message me or talk to Chris Schlarb in the LEADS center!
wanted to know:
Hello!! I haven't been accepted yet, but NAU is my 1st choice! I had some clunker grades sophomore and junior year, so hopefully that doesn't rule me out. I already know that I want to live in Gabaldon, but with the en suite bathrooms, is it difficult to get in? I also like to cook. How are the community kitchens in the dorms? Thanks!!
The community kitchens are small, basic kitchens with stoves, microwave, and oven. Good luck getting in :)
Experiences I Didn’t Have at NAU
and totally wish I had…
- Seeing at movie at Prochnow.
- Tubing at Snowbowl.
- Going through the lava caves.
- Making the ridiculously long drive down to Prescott for the closest In-N-Out.
- Tequila Sunrise (I was never old enough. Wah.)
- Visiting Sedona with friends.
- Double majoring in social work (I might as well have for all the classes I took towards my minor)
- Enjoying the ski lift at Snowbowl.
- Spending a summer in Flag.
- Touring Riordan Mansion.
- Getting a library card for Flagstaff City Library.
- Checking out Lockett Meadow in person.
- Witnessing the Pine Cone Drop
- Shopping at the community farmer’s market.
- Taking Dick Skeen’s 316 (my friend wrote on her class evaluation ‘this class was great and I want more Dick!’)
- Hiking Mount Humphreys.
- Creating a snowman (and don’t ask me how this didn’t happen…)
- Attending Relay for Life
- Being a part of the NAU Student Education Team.
- Spending time at Wheeler Park.
- Volunteering regularly at an elementary school.
Anonymous wanted to know:
Do you know if its to late to change my meal plan?
Yeah, the deadline was like two weeks ago. Sorry.
1/608 older »